It is really easy to install your own personal certificate on your ESXI 6.5 server
What you need is the following:
- ESXI 6.5
- Enable SSH
- Your cerficate exported to PEM that includes your private key and your certificate
- Your friendly DNS name e.g. esxi.gregoir.be
- Logon your esxi server
- Go to Host -> Actions -> Services -> Enable Secure Shell (SSH)
- Open WinSCP and connect to your esxi host using SSH
- In WinSCP browse to "/etc/vmware/ssl"
- Backup your current keys by renaming them rui.crt.bak and rui.key.bak
- Upload your personal certificate named exactly the same (rui.crt and rui.key)
- Restart your management services via SSH and the command "services.sh restart" to load in your new certificate
- Browse to your friendly DNS name and check your validated certificate
- That's it!